Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What Does Your Heart Desire?

Sometimes when I am alone, I think about what is it that my heart desires? What would make me happy? This time of year, it may be watching a football game - uninterrupted. It may be sitting outside and watching the clouds roll by or taking a walk to check out the colors of the leaves or the flowers that are still in bloom. Sometimes it is having companionship and sharing a few laughs (or a few tears) with a friend.

Needless to say, I am not always able to provide what my heart desires, but to the extent I can, I do. I believe life is too short to spend it wishing and hoping and if I can make it happen, I will try.

So, I encourage you to think about what your heart desires. It may be related to a variety of aspects of your life, or there may be one part that is screaming for attention. Allow some quiet time, alone, so you can think about what your heart desires. Once you know that, then figure out how you can make it happen. I wish you joy and success in getting what your heart desires.


Mary Ann Davis is a Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice providing coaching and counseling for life's transitions: including a career change or job loss, planning to return to work or school, coping with a job loss, or other life transitions. She meets with individuals in person and via telephone to assist in helping them find solutions to their life planning issues. Mary Ann is certified as a Master Career Counselor (MCC) by the National Career Development Association, a Life/Work Counselor by the National Employment Counseling Association, and is a Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC). For more information on her services, please visit her web site at www.YourCareerPlan.com.

To contact Mary Ann, please call (513) 665-4444 x3 and leave a personal and confidential message or send an email to YourCareerPlan@cinci.rr.com.

No comments: